Wednesday, October 15, 2008

God is good all the time, and all the time God is good

These past weeks have been amazing! TREK has been one of the hardest, best most amazing things in my life.

Last week, was a very busy week. We had lots of speakers and duties to do. But with that I learned so much. We had a pastor and his wife come in from Niagara Falls. Before each session, we always introduce ourselves, say where we are from, and where we are going. Its a bit hard for me, because every time I have to say " My name is Corryn, I'm from Richmond, and I actually won't be going on assignment." In a way it gets hard for me, to see teams come together and having such a great time together. Last week all the teams went out for team time, and team Canada (Me) stayed back at the Mark centre, and did some reading.

Anyways, back to the story, the pastor couple came and prayed for each one of us. When it came to me, Herm (the pastor) told me that God will reveal his plans for me in my dreams. I thought this was very strange and amazing at the same time. I mean, the only dreams that I normally have is me marrying a famous person and having having a great life together. I didn't know that God could give me a vision about my life adn waht he has planned for me thought a dream. I know he is not saying that all my dreams I have are true, but its cool to see that God can revleal thing to me in many different ways.

I went home for thanksgiving, and it was AMAZING. It was so nice to be at home and be in company with my family. A few TREKKERS came over and they really enjoyed it. They said that my family is so nice, and they loved the food. I loved just hearing my family laugh. Everyone around the table, loving each other and being with each other. It was great!

This week so far we have heard a man from India . He is amazing. He has so much love for Jesus it blows me away. He always says he is a student with us, and that he is always wanting to know Jesus more.

People have been so supportive here. They are so loving and know that Im going to do great things, wherever I am. It is going to be SO hard to see everyone leave. We have become a great big family here and it is amazing. Each person here brings so much to the group. I tell you its going to be very different not being with everyone 24/7.

Well, Im off to another session. Thank you for all the prayers and support.

Corryn

2 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Corryn,
It was so wonderful to spend Thanksgiving with you and three of your TREK friends. It was so evident how well you get along with them and how strong you all are in your Christian faith. God is blessing you and has blessed you so much throughout the past few months. He is good and He is looking out for you. I commend you for talking about that fact that you are representing Canada even thought at times it must still be difficult. Corryn, people can see your potential when they meet you. You have so much to offer anyone or any organization you will work for. God will speak to you and you will hear Him. May God bless you these next few weeks as you prepare to leave Abbotsford and your new friends.

Love you lots kiddo,
Auntie Carol

Wendy Senft said...

Hi Corryn,

Thanks for the update. I obviously got a verbal one on Sunday but I like to see what else is going on too. I can imagine how you're feeling when you have to tell people that you represent team Canada and are not going overseas, but they should all know that God's calling for one isn't the same as His calling for another. You will bless people wherever God chooses to use you. Tell your friends it was nice meeting them and I hope they have safe travels.

Love you lots,
Auntie Wendy