Friday, September 26, 2008

I need to follow him...

Dear family, friends and loved ones.

As you know, these past weeks at TREK have been a roller coaster. Emotions everywhere, thoughts flying all over the place, and a heart that just wanted to be settled.
God has truly lead me in a direction and I feel very at peace with this decision.
I will be participating in the TREK training, but I will not be going to Brazil this year.
This might come as a shock to some of you. I will try to explain as best as I can.

I feel that I am not ready to partake in this adventure right now in my life. I have much more to learn about my emotions and how to deal with them. I can tell you honestly that if I went to Brazil, I would not be able to give my whole heart to what I would be doing. That would not be unfair to my team, the missionaries we would be working with, and the people I will encounter. I feel like If I went, I would be the one that would need the most tending to, and not the beautiful people in Brazil, that that is just simply not fair. I just don't feel ready right now and do feel like God is leading me to stay here.
I want to tell you that I'm very at peace with this decision and I do feel like this is the right choice right now.
I was asked if I will regret this. I thought long and hard, and this is what I though. I will miss terribly not getting on the plane with the Brazil team. It will be very hard, but I know in my heart I don't think I will regret it. I look back and see all the pain, heartache, and unbearable moments and know that I'm am making the right decision.
I know with all my heart that God will use me here wherever and whatever he leads me to do.
I will be finishing the training because it is such amazing, life long tools that we are learning. I have learned so much and I'm applying it all to my life.

If you have any question please feel free to e mail me and I will do my best to answer them for you. (corrynginter@hotmail.com)

I once again thank you for all the support you have given. It truly means the world to have people in my life that supported me with any decision that I was to make.

With Much love
Corryn

7 comments:

desirae said...

Corryn, I just want to say that I am so proud of you. You have been through SO much this past month and have had so many mixed emotions about this trip. Even though you won't be going to Brazil, this will no doubt be a life changing experience for you where you will and have grown in your faith and relationship with God. And if that's not enough to get out of this experience, I dont know what is!
You are absolutely amazing. Know that I LOVE YOU! and I will continue to pray for you throughout the rest of your training!

Sharon said...

Corryn, we are so proud of your strength to make such a huge decision. It was really tough but you have come out a stronger person for God. Keep trusting that he will guide you through this time and that his plan for you will be amazing. Enjoy the learning and be prepared to fullfill his will. We love you and are so proud of your spiritual growth you have displayed over this past month. Love to you always Mom

Carol said...

Corryn, what an amazing journey you've had the past few weeks. It's so evident how much you've grown in your Christian life and how much you love and trust God. We are so proud of the decision and the fact that you have been so honest about your uncertainness. God has an awesome plan for your life, you will be used to glorify Him. We love you so much, kiddo.
Love, Auntie Carol

Wendy Senft said...

Corryn,

God has spoken directly to you and you have listened to him. No one can question that. Your desire for reaching out to those in need is huge and will no doubt be put to use in the future. You have blessed us with your openness and we will continue to pray for you and support you through whatever God has for you.

We love you and pray you'll have an awesome time until the end of training with your group.

Love Auntie Wendy

Nancy M. said...

All of this is contributing to the person you are becoming. How can you regret that? You were fearfully & wonderfully made, and sometimes we have to go thru some really tough stuff to become the person God created us to be. A line from an old Keith Green song just came to mind: "We are the kids of the King; Rejoice in everything."

Peace to you, and when it's time, welcome home.

BritS said...

Hey Corryn!!
I'm really glad that you've finally come to a place where you know for sure that you're following God and you're not second guessing yourself! I'm proud and jealous! So many of us are still waiting to hear from God with what He wants us to do! Just remember everything that He taught you this past month. Reading your blogs taught me a lot too and maybe that's why God put you through this, maybe not ONLY for you to learn from but also for others! That's what youth was about tonight! Pretty cool, eh! I'm hoping that you'll come to youth sometime this year if you have time and remember that with any decision you make I'm going to be with you and supporting you!
I'll be praying for you during the rest of your training!
I love you Corryn!!! :D
<3 Brittany S

LeahA said...

ps. I love you