Monday, September 15, 2008

My First week at TREK

Hello everyone!

Well my TREK experience has begun. It has been a week and I have learned so much already. When I got to the Mark centre last Sunday, I had so many mixed feelings. The first night was tough. I think I might have got 2 hours of sleep. That night was filled with many tears. I felt that I was not at peace with where I was. Like God had other plans for me elsewhere. This feeling is very hard to understand and to accept. This whole week has been filled with trials, fears and a sense of unsettlement. I still to this moment don't know where God wants me, and the waiting period is the hardest. I ultimately want to do what God wants me to do, and waiting for that moment is what is the hardest. I just want to take a moment to THANK my family, friends and loved ones for the unconditional support. That support is felt here in Abbotsford, and I truly thank you for all the prayers, text messages, e mails, calls and thoughts. I love you all. Today has been the first day where I have felt the most peace.
On Thursday we have a silent retreat for 48 hours where we are to listen to God. Please pray that God will lead me to where he wants me to be, and be there with total peace and with no regrets.
I have met the most amazing people here. They have challanged me to truly love God, to TRUST him with everything, and to sumit to him.
I love you all and will keep you updated with where God is leading me.
Keep me in your prayers, your all in mine!

6 comments:

jamiedelaine said...

I love blogs and I'll be for sure following yours Corryn and praying for you!

Naomi Balzer said...

Hey Corryn, we had breakfast with your mom on Saturday morning and we all prayed for you...and will keep on praying you through this. Thanks for sharing with us! Keep on trusting and HE will show you where He wants you!!!! ~Naomi

Wendy Senft said...

Hi Sweetie,

All the kids and Tom say hi. It was hot today, I can only imagine Abbotsford was even warmer! I pray that the weather during your time of silence is just as nice, so you can be out of doors and enjoy the beautiful sun and enjoying God's peace and creation.

We hope to see you on Thanksgiving.

Love you, Auntie Wendy

Carol said...

Hi Corryn, Thanks for sharing you thoughts about your first week so honestly. Remember that God will only give you what you can handle (I remind myself of this each time I look at my class). Keep looking up-He is there whenever we need Him. May your 48 hours of silence be spiritually uplifting for you. I love you very much, Corryn.

Love Carol

mary-anne wickham said...

Hi Corryn!
You are in our thoughts and prayers. God PROMISES to direct your path as you seek Him. It's exciting to hear how He is already working in your life in many ways. Thanks for keeping us posted so that we can continue to pray!
luv u,
mary-anne :)

s. said...

Hi Corryn!

Just wanted to let you know that Graham and I are praying for you!