Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The night before the Silence

Loved Ones:

Well tomorrow is the big day. 48 whole hours with no talking, computers, cellphones etc. Just our bibles, pens and journals. I'm looking forward to it, but also very nervous about it. I don't think I have gone that long in my life without talking..... actually I don't think I have gone 48 seconds without talking! I know God will talk to me and I'm SO ready to listen. I'm looking forward to hearing his voice, and then doing what he says.

Things have gotten better here. I'm having a great time getting to know people better and sharing our stories. I am still going through many tough times, with many tears... then concluded with many hugs. I never knew how much home meant to me until I got here. Last night was the first night where I was truly home sick. Just wanting to go home and sleep in my own bed, and seeing my family. Its hard, but I once herd a little saying " With God, all things are possible."

God has so much in store for me and I can't wait to see what that it. We have had many great speakers come in and talk to us. I have learned that I need to trust God more, and know that he wants whats best for me, even thought It may be hard. I know that I can do anything with God leading me.

Please pray that I will have peace after the silence, and that things will continue to get better. I want to thank you all again for all the prayer and messages. They truly mean SO much to me.I

love you all
xoxox

5 comments:

Nancy M. said...

Hi Corryn,

Your mum shared your blog w/ me. I so appreciate your transparency during all this. I know you will get this after your 48 hours, but know that we've been praying for you to "hear" His voice (I've never "heard" it, audibly) & find that peace beyond all understanding by resting in His embrace.

Since I 1st heard of your struggles, I felt the need to share w/ you this quote from Evelyn Husband, whose husband was lost in a space shuttle accident. She's now on the Christian speaking circuit:

"God doesn't call us to do something and then put us in a situation where we're unable to do it. But he does put us in a place where we can't do it without him."

Whatever God calls you to do, he will give you the ability to do it.



ps, I would go nuts w/ 48 hrs of silence. I even talk to myself! Plus, I snore - that's not exactly "silent."

Wendy Senft said...

Hi Corryn,

Yes, I can imagine that 48 hours of silence for you will not be easy!! However, after the first 48 minutes, you'll realize you CAN do 48 hours. Just trust that God will guide you through it. I know you will hear Him. You are really an inspiration to us all. Luv A. Wendy

Carol said...

HI Corryn,
I commend you for your willingness to be silent for 48 hours-I don't know anyone who has ever done that before. I pray that God will speak to you in a new way and that you will understand His voice clearly and know what He wants for you. You will learn and grow SO much from this, Corryn, and you'll be an amazing witness to others. Keep up the faith. I love you.

Love, Auntie Carol

Wendy Senft said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy Senft said...

Hi Corryn

It's a dreary Saturday and I was just wondering how your 48 hours of silence had gone. I trust that you felt God's presence and got yourself some rest.

We all love you,
Auntie Wendy