Monday, October 27, 2008

"He did a miracle in my own heart"


Another week gone. It seems like time just FLIES by here, its unbelievable!

God has been doing SO much in me. As some of you know, my feelings and emotions have been ALL over the palace these past weeks. Feeling like God was calling me home, then thinking that I was supposed to stay here. Through all this God has always been faithful.

2 weeks ago, I truly felt God was calling me home. I was taking the step that I should be taking in order to come home. I was at peace with this, and truly felt like this is what God wanted for me. Then, coming home on thanksgiving my dad had asked me if I had closed the door to Brazil. I was taken off guard, I told him yes, because I did not want to go back to the unsettled feeling that I had had previously. He asked me to see if I could leave the door even a little bit open........ "WHAT" I thought!

God did so much in that next week, all signs were pointing to BRAZIL! One thing that happened, a dad of good friend of mine from TREK asked me where I was going. I told him my situation of me not really knowing where God wanted me. He told me that I needed to go to Brazil, God was calling me there. I look back now, and see the Holy Spirit working in that situation. I took all that he said to heart. That conversation meant a lot.

Well, as the week went on, fear took over me. I didn't think that I had enough strength to go and serve. Thinking that this was God telling me to stay. I was still preparing to go home.... (I know, dumb...) Anyways, on Oct 21 I went to bed thinking and preparing to come home. I woke up on Oct 22, and God did a miracle in my heart. He gave me a passion, love and a heart to go and serve him in Brazil. So, I made my FINAL decision, I will be going to Brazil. I alone do not have the strength to do this, I am relying on God. I know that he is SO faithful, and will always be there. I am so excited!

I know times are only going to get tougher, but with God leading me and on his strength, I know I can do this.

Now, just because I was ready to go on Friday, this was not Gods plan. Brazil's visa were rejected. We will not be leaving on Friday. We were very surprised, but were not angry. God is so good and we truly believe God has something for us here. We are hoping to leave in December if that is Gods will. Were not sure where were going to be living, or what we will be doing yet... but God knows and that's all that matters. Were so faithful in him and can't wait to see what he has in store for us!

Please pray for our visas, and that God will continue to give me strength in the hard times.

Thanks for all your love and prayers, I will keep you updated on what we will be doing as soon as I know!

Much love
Corryn

p.s - here is some lyrics to a song my mom has claimed as "Corryn's song!" It is an amazing song, and has helped me thorough some tought moments.


"Footprints In The Sand" by Leona Lewis

You walked with me
Footprints in the sand
And helped me understand
Where I'm going
You walked with me
When I was all alone
With so much unknown
Along the way then I heard you say

I promise you
I'm always there
When your heart is filled with sorrow
And despair
And I'll carry you
When you need a friend
You'll find my footprints in the sand

I see my life flash across the sky
so many times have I been so afraid
and just when I I thought I lost my way
you give me strength to carry on
that's when I heard you say

I promise you I'm always there
When your heart is filled with sorrow
and despair
and I'll carry you
When you need a friend
You'll find my footprints in the sand

when I'm weary
well I know you be there
and I can feel you when you say

I promise you
I'm always there
when your heart is filled with sadness
and despair
I'll carry you when you need a friend
you'll find my footprints in the sand

4 comments:

Wendy Senft said...

Hi Corryn,

Sunday just wasn't the same without having you join us for dinner! But I'm sure you did great in giving your testimony about Brazil to the sea of white hair.

You are such an inspiration to so many, you probably have no idea how many lives you are touching. Jenna is excited about doing missions someday because of you. You know that we will be praying fervently for you as you prepare to go and while you are there. God will do great things through you.

I'll pray that you will find out very soon where you will be living for the next month.

Love you much,
Auntie Wendy

Carol said...

Dear Corryn,
When I heard your story about how you are now going to Brazil from your mom I was astounded about the turn of events. Wow! God and so many others really want you in Brazil!! Corryn, I know your presence will be so powerful and your testimony of your incredible up and down journey will really touch the lives of others. I know they have touched mine. I appreciate you telling me on Saturday that you would pray for me. You certainly have a real in with God because I have had two great days. As I've always said before, Corryn, people really gravitate to you and love your beautiful and infectious spirit. Yes, days will be difficult but you'll feel so fantastic when you come back and see that you were able to get through the tough days. Keep looking to Him, as He is always there for you. I'll continue praying for you.

I love you tons,

Auntie Carol

Valeria. said...

Hey Corryn!
You're post was so wonderful to read! I can't wait either to see where God is going to send the Brazil team. Its a wonderful mystery! God willing we both make our ways to Brazil, I'll come see you! WooHoo!!
You and the team are always in my prayers. Keep up with the blogs! I love reading them!
Love,
Valeria.

Rosanna Toews said...

Hi dear Corryn - I found your blog - hope you don't mind if I stop by every now and then...

Thinking of you today. Miss you all!