Monday, November 3, 2008

Representing Abbotsford!


Well, yes were still in Abbotsford! But its OK, because this is where God wants us right now.

We said goodbye to Thailand, Germany, and India... boy oh boy that was hard. I never thought that I would get so close to so many people in only 2 month. I miss all my TREK family. They all arrived in their countries and are doing great. We skyped Thailand and they had said that that morning they had got massages and were heading to the beach! Wow, if that's the life of a missionary, count me in! I'm just kidding, they were just having a relaxing first day.


As for team Brazil, our assignment for this month is still unknown. Were currently living the life at one of my teammates house. Its beautiful! Were filling up our days with great service things. Today we went to the gleaners in Abbotsford, it was great. Its a place that cuts veggies and fruit, then dries it then send it to 3rd world countries as soup. Its really neat. Then on Thursday we have then honour of going to Shannon Oaks for the day. I'm so excited to show my team it. I really think that they will love the old people, and that they will love us too!

So, please pray that our visas will come in. Were really hoping to leave Dec. 2... well if that is Gods timing for us I guess!

Well, I will keep you updated with what will be happening with us.
Thanks again for all your prayers and support!

2 comments:

Wendy Senft said...

Hey Corryn,

We had the Gleaners come to speak at Breakaway (mom's morning event weekly) at our church and I thought it was such an awesome idea. I would love to go there with a group and do that too.

I'm excited that you're going to Shannon Oaks on Thursday. I know your mom will be proud to show you all around and of course, show you off. I wish I could be there and have fun with the seniors too!

Enjoy your time here and thanks for the update on the Thailand team. Must be nice!!

Love you and praying for you,
Auntie Wendy

Carol said...

HI Corryn,
So glad to hear Team Abbotsford has a positive attitude to the situation you are dealing with right now. It certainly must have been so hard for you to say goodbye to your "second family" knowing they are beginning their mission project and you are still waiting. How much fun it will be to go to Shannon Oaks tomorrow and to have helped at the Gleaners. No matter where your team goes in the next month or so you will bless those you come in contact with and you will be blessed. We'll continue to pray that God will provide the visas for your team and that you will all remain positive. God is in control and He has only the best in store for you. We love you Corryn and know you'll continue to learn so much for this entire journey.

Love,

Auntie Carol