Monday, November 10, 2008

I never thought I would live in an attic!


Well, a lot has happened from when I last updated you all.

Our visas are still unknown to this day. We have not heard anything about them, but we did receive a call from the embassy. A member of MBMSI called then back but got no answer. So please keep our visas in your prayers. We would love to get to Brazil on December 2!

As for the Attic, right at this very moment I am sitting on my bed in an attic. Its great. Were living in Vancouver for 2 weeks and working with New Beginnings baptist church. Were living in the church, and working with the youth. They don't really have an organized youth, so that is our task for these 2 weeks. Were working along side the youth pastor and his wife. He actually was a missionary in Brazil for 5 years, and his wife is Brazilian. They started a camp ministry in Brazil, how cool is that. I can see God's hand in so many areas in my life right now, its actually amazing to see.

Our team has gone thought a lot these past few week, but were so excited to see what God going to do these next few weeks with us.

One thing that God has really been challenging me these past few weeks is putting him first in my life and all I do. I know I was not doing this in my life. In a church service, I was really challenged with this. We were asked "Do I love Jesus more then everything, and am I willing to give up everything to him." These words shot at my like a bullet. I realized that I was putting my family, my needs and comforts before Jesus. This is not right, and Jesus really taught me this. The pastor said "That Jesus requires us to surrender everything; nothing less then total surrender."
Our task is big, but Jesus is bigger. I know that this is something that I will need to give up to him everyday, but God deserves all of me.

It excites me so much to know and see God working in our team. It brings a smile to my face :)

Please pray that I may be able to adapt to change quickly. This seems to be hard for me. Also for our team and what God has planned for us these next 2 weeks.

Thanks for all the love prayers and support

With much love
Corina - my Portuguese name!
P.s The picture is of my team at my moms work - Shannon Oaks. We we suspost to be cleaning the closet, but we had more fun dressing up!

4 comments:

Wendy Senft said...

Hi Corryn,

Too funny about you having more fun dressing up than cleaning the closet!! You are a great group of kids who are going to have an amazing time together.

We continue to pray for God's grace on the visa issue, that it would be solved soon and that your journey will start soon. You are so faithful in your devotion to the commitment you've made and are growing and changing as a result.

I hope there aren't any mice in the attic!!! Actually, I think rats would be worse. Mice really are kind of cute.

Thanks for the update. I hope you enjoy your time in Vancouver with the youth. I'm sure you'll learn lots from them, and they from you.

Love you lots,
Auntie Wendy

Carol said...

HI Corryn,
Thank you for sharing your blog (and photos) which is so interesting and insightful to read. I always appreciate and respect your honesty and humour. Glad to see that you were having some fun at Shannon Oaks-hope you were allowed to do a fashion show for the residents.

Can't believe you have to live in an attic-must give you a new appreciation for your lumpy mattress at home.

Even though change is difficult for you, Corryn, you have shown us you are able to deal with it. Other people have difficulty with change too, they just hide it.

We're continuing to pray for your visas, for good health and positive attitudes through these trying times.

Love you,

Auntie Carol

Nancy M. said...

You gotta post Nikita's Sit & Dance videos on your blog somehow. They are too funny! Y'all truly do have hearts for people. :-)

You guys are some of the most amazing people I have met. Whatever God calls you to do, I know you will honour him. Ah heck, I just get all mushy when I think about you & your team.

Praying for your visas.
God is in control!!
Say "hey" to the team for me.

ps, I wanted to tell you so much Thursday night that you're really a grown-up now, but y'all were giggling so much in the deer head room that I really didn't have a chance. ;-)

Rosanna Toews said...

Hi dear - have been thinking of you lots these last days. Lori gave me an update today - you guys have been busy! Trusting you are feeling God's familiar presence - despite the new location. Praying for you all. Love you muchly!